Date: February 17, 2021
U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom
FoRB Victims List and Religious Prisoners of Conscience Project Update
February 25, 2021
11:00 AM – 12:30 PM ET
Please join the U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom (USCIRF) for a virtual event highlighting USCIRF’s Freedom of Religion or Belief (FoRB) Victims List and Religious Prisoners of Conscience (RPOC) Project.
Each year, as an ever-increasing number of people are arrested and imprisoned for their religion or belief, USCIRF adds FoRB victims to its list and Commissioners adopt individuals as part of the RPOC Project to raise awareness and advocate for their release. USCIRF Chair Gayle Manchin and Vice Chair Tony Perkins will lead this virtual event, which will provide an update on USCIRF’s FoRB Victims List, an online database that catalogues select victims targeted due to their religion or belief.
Additionally, the event will highlight current RPOCs and feature testimonies from family members and advocates of specific RPOCs. Also joining will be Members of Congress who advocate on behalf of and publicize the plight of RPOCs.
- Gayle Manchin, Chair, USCIRF
- Tony Perkins, Vice Chair, USCIRF
- James W. Carr, Commissioner, USCIRF
- Frederick A. Davie, Commissioner, USCIRF
- Nadine Maenza, Commissioner, USCIRF
- Nury Turkel, Commissioner, USCIRF
- Gary Bauer, Commissioner, USCIRF
- Johnnie Moore, Commissioner, USCIRF
- Rep. Doug Lamborn, Member, U.S. House of Representatives
- Family Members/Advocates for the following RPOCs:
- Raymond Koh
- Mubarak Bala
- Raif Badawi