Date: February 8, 2021
U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom Hearing
Refugees Fleeing Religious Persecution
Wednesday, February 10, 2021
10:30 AM – 12:00 PM ET
Please join the U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom (USCIRF) for a virtual hearing about ways the U.S. government can better protect and support individuals fleeing religious persecution through the U.S. refugee resettlement program, the U.S. asylum system, and overseas assistance.
Witnesses will provide an overview of U.S. refugee resettlement, asylum, and humanitarian aid policies and present recommendations for improving these programs to better protect the most vulnerable.
Click here to read more details about the hearing.
- Gayle Manchin, Chair, USCIRF
- Tony Perkins, Vice Chair, USCIRF
- Anurima Bhargava, Vice Chair, USCIRF
- Jenny Yang, Senior Vice President of Policy and Advocacy, World Relief
- Mark Hetfield, President and CEO, Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society (HIAS)
- Leon Rodriguez, Immigration Attorney, Seyfarth; former Director of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services at the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Elizabeth Neumann, Senior Advisor, National Immigration Forum; former Assistant Secretary for Threat Prevention and Security, U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Murad Ismael, Co-founder and former Executive Director, Yazda
This hearing is open to Members of Congress, congressional staff, the public, and the media. Members of the media should register online and can email
The video recording of the hearing will be posted on the Commission website. For any additional questions, please contact Nina Ullom at