Date: December 2, 2022
We're so thankful for your prayers and support of the persecuted faithful. Keep reading for the latest on religious freedom, human rights, and the rule of law across China.
You can make a gift to let the persecuted know they are not alone by clicking here.
If you have any feedback, comments, or suggestions for these weekly updates, please email Julian at (
News & Updates
Detained For 3+ Years Without Trial
ChinaAid's media team provided an update about the plight of Guangxi human rights lawyer Qin Yongpei. He has been detained for more than three years without a trial, court hearing, or bail release. Qin has been subject to torture and enforced disappearance for exposing fraudulent practices by CCP officials and fighting for the marginalized.
Pray for Qin, his family, and the CCP officials overseeing his case.
Pastor's Fine Upheld
Officials from the Siming District Religious Affairs Bureau upheld a $27,000 fine against Pastor Yang Xibo and Wang Xiaofei of Xunsiding Church. Xunsiding is the largest house church in Xiamen and is one of the most heavily persecuted in the region due to its refusal to join the Three-Self Patriotic Movement.
Pray for Yang, Wang, all Xunsiding Church members, and officials from the Religious Affairs Bureau.
Linfen Covenant Church Shut Down
CCP officials from the Linfen City Yaodu District Bureau of Civil Affairs announced the forced closure of Linfen Covenant House Church and the associated Asilan School. Officials said the church and school were illegal as they did not register with the government and organized events without authorization. Authorities have heavily persecuted church members.
Pray for all Linfen Covenant House Church members, those associated with Asilan School, and the CCP persecutors against both locations.
- Bob Fu appeared on Radio Taiwan International's 'Serving The People' interview program with radio host Dr. Sen-hong Yang. Visit ChinaAid's website to see a transcript of the interview where Bob discussed the activity at the 20th National CCP Congress.
- Bob Fu speaks to the Midland Reporter-Telegram on how "COVID lockdowns turn China into 'national concentration camps.'"
- Watch the latest Bob Fu Report featuring an interview with YouCanFreeUs founder and 9/11 terrorist attack survivor Sujo John.
How Can We At ChinaAid Pray For You?
We'd love to join in prayer for you and your loved ones! Please fill out this Google Form if you have any prayer requests you'd like to share. We are so thankful to count you as part of the ChinaAid family!
What We're Reading
- Apple hobbled a crucial tool of dissent in China weeks before widespread protests broke out
- Wall Street Journal: The Innocence of Jimmy Lai