Date: December 9, 2022
We're so thankful for your prayers and support of the persecuted faithful. Keep reading for the latest on religious freedom, human rights, and the rule of law across China.
You can make a gift to let the persecuted know they are not alone by clicking here.
If you have any feedback, comments, or suggestions for these weekly updates, please email Julian at (
News & Updates
Secret Trial For Elder Zhang Chunlei
ChinaAid's media team reported on the November 29th secret trial of Ren'ai Reformed Church Elder Zhang Chunlei. Elder Zhang is suspected of fraud and subversion of state power after his arrest on May 1st, 2021.The trial was heavily guarded by police - with security staff admitting they'd never seen such a massive show of force. Reports are Elder Zhang looks healthy despite his detention and he and his lawyer made a statement at the trial.
Pray for Elder Zhag, his family, Ren'Ai Reformed Church, and the CCP officials overseeing his case.
Continued Trial Delays For The Persecuted
Legal delays continue to mount for some Christians and human rights activists arrested by the CCP. Zion Reformed Church member Zhao Weikai has seen his trial continually postponed since his arrest for terrorism, after CCP officials found a hard drive with documentaries about the Tiananmen Square Massacre and Xinjiang riots during a search of his house.
The situation of human rights lawyer Li Yuhan has also been challenging after her arrest. Officials originally said her trial would start on October 20, 2021. However, after continued delays, officials announced in November 2022 her detention had been extended for three additional months with no trial date in sight.
Pray for Zhao, Li, and all who face persecution by the CCP, along with their persecutors.
CCP Violates China-Vatican Agreement
In late November, the Holy See's Press Office condemned Beijing for installing a bishop in a diocese not recognized by the Holy See, and accused the Chinese government of violating the agreement. In the same month, officials from China's state-sanctioned Catholic Church briefed Hong Kong clergy on how to implement Xi Jinping's socialist view of religion. Read ChinaAid's report on a similar meeting that occurred in October 2021.
Pray for all Chinese Catholics as they face persecution from the CCP. Please also pray for their persecutors.
- The Heritage Foundation shares what Bob Fu "wants the world to know" as "he’s exposing communist China's brutality against religious groups like Christians and Uighurs."
- In November at Ridge Point Community Church in Holland MI, ChinaAid hosted a 'Persecution, Perseverance & Perspective' conference equipping the American church to walk alongside the Chinese church. Click below to view messages from
- Bob Fu, ChinaAid President & Founder
- Pastor Ron VerWys, who spent years working with Chinese underground church pastors
- Pete Hoekstra, former U.S. Ambassador to the Netherlands
- Fenggang Yang, Purdue University Sociology Professor
How Can We At ChinaAid Pray For You?
We'd love to join in prayer for you and your loved ones! Please fill out this Google Form if you have any prayer requests you'd like to share. We are so thankful to count you as part of the ChinaAid family!
What We're Reading
- Opinion: Why It Matters That China's Protests Started In Xinjiang